I’m sorry I haven’t been able to post regularly… March has been a month of looking for answers and I don’t have much to say…
So yesterday Alyssa Milano (Don’t be surprised I follow her, you know I love the 80’s!) tweeted this:
I wanted a little something before dinner and I remembered the recipe. I used the remnants of sad-looking wilted baby spinach that lurked in my fridge. It was more like flakes, but tasty, nonetheless. As flakes, they can probably be used add some flavor to a dip or salad dressing. This is a healthy tasty snack.
The link: Spinach Chips
- 2 cups fresh spinach (choose the big, healthy-looking leaves, unlike my wilting baby leaves)
- few drop of extra virgin olive oil
- McCormicks Seasoning
- Salt (I love large granules)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and mix with your hands until each leaf is lightly coated in oil. Be careful not to use too much oil or the spinach will not crisp up in the oven.
- Sprinkle the spinach with Italian herb seasoning and salt.
- Taste one of the leaves to make sure you are using enough seasoning. (you won’t need a lot of seasoning)
- Arrange the spinach in a single layer (don’t let them overlap) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oil nonstick foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully after the 8 minute mark if they are not done.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and enjoy!